Tuesday, November 06, 2012

More predictions FWIW

By the time most of you read this, the apocalypse will have already started. Well no actually, we'll have to wait a little longer for that. Have you noticed they are saying that this is the most important election in U.S. history? Has there ever been a case that that superlative has not been used during an American election? Then again, I have not been around forever, so anyone with a background in American electoral history (or electoral history in general, you know who you are) can set me straight on that.

I really don't believe that the world is going to end as a result of this election, the course of history either changes with each election, or it doesn't. That's true for all elections, isn't it?

As for Mitt Romney, I don't think that he is as bad as they say his. What about that other guy who was almost appointed to lead the Republicans, he was terrible. What was his name again...?

The world has spoken, but is not eligible to vote. I wonder, do international vote monitors come to Canada? Because they are certainly not appreciated in Texas. What the hell do they think they are going to do down there? I notice in the peanut gallery of the linked articles a fair amount of paranoia, if not xenophobia. Why would anyone hate the good ol' USA? Are foreigners really out to invade America with yoga?

I'm inclined to think that the rest of the world is NOT out to get America, just a few governments of countries like the Islamic Republic (?) of Iran. I did, however, read some America-bashing when Sandy hit the east coast, but it seemed to be coming from Serbs mostly. All right, a few countries just don't like the USA, but anti-Americanism in general seems to have waned since the last president left office. The Cold War is over, isn't it?

If Mitt Romney wins, it won't be the end of the world, at least if it does end during his term in office, I'm sure it will be a coincidence. If Barack Obama is reelected, I believe that a Democratic prediction will come true, that the Tea Party will dissolve, but will be replaced by something else that will make us miss the former. How accurate are my predictions? I think that I had gotten the 2000 election right, that it would be closer than the 1960 election, but I don't think this one will be as close as either of them. If your candidate doesn't win, there are alternatives for you.

1 comment:

Web Design Canada said...

I am typically to blogging and i really admire your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and hold checking for new information.