Friday, February 10, 2012

Coffee lovers beware!

I received a Bosch Tassimo coffeemaker a couple years ago for Christmas, but I didn't open it until I moved to Halifax in August. I had some reservations about using it since it produces so many plastic cups, and it is made by the Kraft corporation (not a good corporate citizen IMHO), but I was able to get some free packages of coffee from them, and people close to me were giving me some extra packages they had, so I compromised my 'green' principles for about a year and a half.

Well, I have an excuse to stop using it, or to finish off what I have and stop buying more packages (unless I should find them in the bargain bin at pennies to the dollar). Perhaps it's too easy to blame a huge corporation like Kraft, maybe bigger businesses have a harder time with quality control, particularly when their intended market is just about everyone. But then again, I believe that Kraft is one of those businesses that was founded on, and I believe still does, the manufacture of tobacco products. I guess that shows how they think of people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Looney! I apologize for posting this here but didn't know where else to put it. Thank you for your comment to me at duya dubya dubya saskboy.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/denialgate-climate-change-deniers-take-a-major-blow/ I hope you get the chance to read my response. Perhaps this can also help adress the Peter Gleick crimes...

Just a legal note… When you describe the theft as “… tricked into giving…” you show a basic ignorance of California law, specifically (California)Senate Bill 1411 “Senate Bill 1411 would make it unlawful to knowingly and without consent credibly impersonate another person through or on an Internet Web site or by other electronic means with the intent to harm, intimidate, threaten or defraud another person. SB 1411 brings us up to date by making these forms of cyber impersonation a punishable offense.

SB 1411 would add upon existing criminal penalties by providing a civil remedy, whereby anyone who suffers damage or loss as a victim of false impersonation perpetrated through the Internet or other electronic means may bring a civil action against the violator for compensatory damages and injunctive relief.” http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_1401-1450/sb_1411_bill_20100927_chaptered.html

I hope this helps both your understanding of the law. Red Jeff

Blog Archive