Monday, December 27, 2010

So how's everyone today?

Merry Christmas one and all. I just got a few presents, but that is hardly a complaint. The few presents I did get should last a while. I had asked for, and gotten, a digital reader from Santa, and it came with some classic novels on it as well. It wasn't the Kobobooks one I asked for, but it was better in some ways. My brother had gotten the Kobobooks reader, and apparently he has compatabiity issues with his desktop. Mine has colour, touchscreen, and can play music and display pictures and videos, but he had around a hundred novels on his as opposed to my six, and I'm still having trouble with the touchscreen on mine. On the other hand, I'm not as behind in my reading as he is. :-)

I had downloaded an Adobe reader for my desktop and Netbook, but this should make it less cumbersone to take out in public than the latter. I'm halfway through The Unwritten Girl by... uh... some guy, and was able to transfer the copy from my Netbook (my favourite toy from last Christmas) to my new favourite toy. It's fascinating reading, I can't wait for the the sequel. ;-)

On the subject of people I wouldn't mind meeting, Jerry Granelli, the last surviving member of the Vince Guaraldi trio who played in 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' lives in my very own city. I wouldn't know what else to talk to him about though, although I'm sure he has already been quizzed to death about it.

Oh to be living in Newfoundland right now. Thoughts?

No comments:

Blog Archive