Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Attention citizens of Vancouver

In approximately six hours (give or take) you will be invaded. Some autistic adults will be converging there for a conference of the Autism Society of Canada, and I will be one of them. I am the Nova Scotia representative of the Advisory Subcommittee of ASC, and we'll be there to give some talks about our life experiences (I will not be one of them), to review what we have done since our meeting last year, and to attend some talks at the Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship at the University of British Columbia. When we are not working, we'll be out and about. Just get a bunch of autistic adults together, and imagine the chaos we'll bring (Heh heh heh!) But seriously though, this is my first time in Vancouver, as well as my first time outside of the Atlantic and Eastern time zones. I've always been curious about other places (just like that guy in a recent edition of the Atlantic), but never had the means to go to them. I'll be sure to send pictures, and give updates as to what I've been doing since my last post, when I have the time.

No comments:

Blog Archive