Monday, May 31, 2010

Really, who cares anymore?

The Oliphant report is due to be released today. I cannot see it doing more than establishing what we already know about Brian Mulroney and Karlheinz Schreiber. So Mr. Mulroney is a habitual liar, didn't we already know that? Even those who love and admire him? I have to admit, my opinion of him has changed, for the better. Maybe I'm just getting more cynical, or perhaps just more conservative. I'm getting older, and perhaps like most people, we are holding politicians to lower and lower esteem all the time. In that light, Mulroney looks better and better. We should remember that whatever bad that Mulroney did, Jean Chretien did it twice as much. Of course, like most of you, I would like more honesty in our elected officials, but do you think that there have been any better prime ministers in the last 50 years? I think that that is a point worth discussing.

No comments:

Blog Archive