Monday, October 12, 2009

Yet another comeback attempt

If you have not noticed, or remembered me at all, my posts have been kind of infrequent. It's been over six months since my last post, so what has happened? For a start, I graduated from Saint Mary's, with my degree in Political Science. Currently looking for work with it, but still working as a humble scribe at the Provincial Autism Centre.

Also in that time, Twitter became popular. Can't really figure out why though.
Stephen Harper is still prime minister, to me there are not many better options.
So Barack Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize. My initial reaction, along with people on both sides of the political spectrum, was 'What has he done to deserve that?!' Andrew Sullivan's explanation was that, once again, there were no better options this time around (can you think of any?). As to what he may accomplish, it hasn't been a year since he was elected, but I have yet to see many signs that he will accomplish all that much. However, I do share in the hope, but not the hype.
I just found out Saturday listening to 'Definitely Not The Opera' some interesting things about one of my old school chums, Michael Jackson (no stupid, not THAT one), he has a band, and he was also in the Trailer Park Boys series (a better page from a true blue fan). I can't say that I was ever a fan, in spite of my increasing connections to the show. Funny it never occurred to me that the Michael Jackson listed in the credits was the same guy. Heck, it didn't even occur to me that 'Mike' as I knew him was actually 'MJ' until my Grade 10 history teacher Mr. Smith pointed it out.

Speaking of old school friends, another one has retired this summer. Do you all know 'Olie the Goalie'? All those years he tried to give life to a long dead Washington Capitals franchise? He even took them to the Stanley Cup final one year, and of course, he won the Vezina Trophy in 2000. It would have been nice if he could have fulfilled his childhood dream of playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs, then again, 39 is considered quite old, even by goalie standards.


I saw yet another one of my class at the Atlantic Fringe Festival around a month ago. A charming little production called 'Overlord'. It's ready to hit Broadway and the West End any day now. Well, not really, but it was pretty good. It was an ode to some of the personas created by heavy metal in the '80s. Good show Tim, and of course, Danny Melvin (no, not me).

1 comment:

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive