Friday, April 03, 2009

Same person I was the day before

I don't know how many of you have an interest in autism (besides Mr. Doherty), but there was a conference here yesterday that received some coverage. Most of the speakers were great, met some interesting people, and we learned many things. One thing I learned was that I may be ready for prime time, but I'm not ready to go live yet.

So I'm more of a public figure right now, and will probably be invited to talk to larger audiences. Heaven forbid though I should become a celebrity, although there was a time that I would have relished fame for it's own sake. I guess it was what Rush referred to as 'the universal dream', which is probably why we have so many so-called 'reality' shows now. I personally believe that fame is one of those things that should only be used as a means, never as an end.

(But if you're curious about my experience, you are welcome to ask)

1 comment:

Autism Reality NB said...

Thank you for the mention Danny, I guess, sort of.

I hope you had a good time at the conference. Since you were there was there any mention of the persons with severe Autistic Disorders, that don't get interviewed by CBC on a regular basis, or write blogs? The ones who live in institutional care?

Blog Archive