Sunday, January 25, 2009

Catching up

I'm down to my last semester, so what have I been doing? Well, on January 13th, I attended a talk by Dr. Jeffrey Halper, who is an Israeli who is a conscientious objector to many of his country's policies, particularly the destruction of Palestinian homes. He gave what I thought was a fascinating talk, and you can download it from this site, courtesy of Gideon Levy. (Sadly, it does not include the Q & A session afterward. It got particularly interesting in the end.)

I was able to catch President Barack Obama's inauguration speech during my lunch hour at "Your Father's Mustache". I don't recall too much about his speech, but was happy just to see him get through it, and it is my sincere hope that the secret service does its job and keep him alive as long as he is president.

And for some good news, some serious headway is being made against the Tamil Tigers. I guess it's something that we have to thank Stephen Harper for.

No comments: