Friday, October 27, 2006

The Genius of the American Right

I saw this article by Timothy Noah a couple of days ago and I thought to myself, this explains A LOT!

It could be one explanation for the dumbing down of mass culture, such as people who take what Limbaugh says as Gospel, and on the other side, liberals who act shocked and outraged at the things that he and his ilk say, and the way they say them.

I often fantasize about getting one of these people in a corner and asking them point blank, 'Do you actually believe all of that stuff you're spewing?', but according to Noah, I would be falling into their trap. They know how inane and boorish they are, and it's high time that the American Left get in on the joke, by just 'playing it straight', or just don't react or acknowledge them.

In short, both liberals and conservative should start using their heads, and stop being fooled by these people and give them the international exposure that they crave.

Dear Europe, really!

This letter to 'Dear Prudence' unsettled me. It seems that this poor guy is taking quite a bit of abuse in Europe because he's American. Seriously! Without sarcasm or irony, this kind of America-bashing is not helping at all. Those who would like to see America collapse, be careful what you wish for. Do you REALLY want a world without the USA? You probably think that the USA is this invincible juggernaut, some of them probably believe it themselves, but they're NOT! They are getting weaker all of the time, if anything, America needs to be saved from its worst enemy: their own government.

In many ways, you're playing into the hands of the sort of people in the first part of this post. You reinforce the prejudices that their followers have, or even confirm them. Yes, the American government is being run by incompetent goons, but the American people have not lost their membership of the human race, and you also need to take a serious look at yourselves. Are you ready to close ranks and take on Islamic terrorism yourselves? It doesn't look like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am glad I found your blog. I am also a Canadian. I live in Toronto -- don't hold that against me!!

I just posted an analysis on my blog, The Prism. It predicts an imminent attack on Iran. I would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks,

Jim

Blog Archive