Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Concession Speech

The polls are not finished yet, but I really don't expect to win. However, stranger things can and probably will happen. Edmonton might actually come back and win the Stanley Cup, but really, I think that their presence in the final this year is a fluke, perhaps the result of too many playoff berths in the exhibition 'regular' season, but that's a rant for another day. I think the thing to say here is to 'wish me luck', but I don't particularly believe in that. I'm just someone who still believes in democracy and wants to work within it. Just trying to be part of a positive change, whatever my role is.

2 comments:

andrew said...

Well done Danny. I had a quick look through the stats on CBC and you had the 2nd or 3rd highest popular vote for a green candidate, and one of the highest proportions for a Green candidate, and definitely the highest for any candidate outside of the downtown of Halifax. I can say with confidence that while Danny's neighbourhood bristled with non-recyclable lawn signs for the tories, and a lot for the NDP too, Danny's success was made with little of that kind of ostentation or non-recyclable impact. I hope this was a positive experience and makes the Greens confident about standing en masse again.

Looney Canuck said...

Thank you Andrew so much. It really was an enlightening experience, and we are optomistic for better things in the next election, where we should be having more individualized campaigns (which hopefully won't be anytime soon. :)

Blog Archive