Monday, December 26, 2005

Post-Christmas Gloom

I actually had a very nice Christmas, and was able to forget much of what's bothering me. Now it's over, and my worries have returned with a vengeance.
My main worry at the moment is: why are people, particularly where I live, still supporting the in-name-only-Liberals? Here's one likely explanation, from the front page of Canoe. I'm not sure how much we should blame the media though. My theory about the Internet thought, is that it is making it so much harder to keep secrets, particularly in autocratic regimes. In a supposedly transparent democracy, people in the public eye seem to be in a combination fishbowl and microscope (I can't think of what it could be, it's just metaphorical).

With scandals in the Liberal party happening on literally an almost daily basis, people seem to be getting de-sensitized to the point that they simply don't care anymore, as long as their own lives are still livable. The thing about democracy is though, that the people are ultimately responsible for the people whom they elect, and we essentially get what we deserve, one way or the other. Personally, I would rather see the Conservatives win a majority that the Libs win even another minority, and frankly, I'm one of those people who does NOT like Mr. Harper. Cheers.

No comments:

Blog Archive