Thursday, March 24, 2005

Long Live Dartmouth

Back To The Subject of Me For A Second I received a totally unexpected suprise today, a good one though, made my day actually, and it's not even noon yet.

It's probably a fluke, but I just got a mention on The Dartmouth Review newswire. The thing is, I had to search for my blog entry, which turned out to be my March 19th one, which is listed under their March 22nd entry. The Dartmouth Review and the Dartlog sites are actually from that famous university in Hanover, New Hampshire, and have nothing whatsoever to do with my hometown, which technically does not exist anymore as a result of amalgamation. It became part of the Halifax Regional Municipality in 1995, along with all of Halifax County, thus, making it the largest city (in area) in Canada. In my opinion, it was a hair-brained idea incorporating ALL of the county, the only reason that I can understand is that it gives bragging rights to HRM, which, I believe, is a stupid idea done for a silly reason.

Not that I'm complaining, at least not about Dartmouth College. I'm grateful to them actually, for whatever reason they decided to include this blog on their site. Whether it was by a random search or done by a "bot", I could always use the publicity, but how do I thank a "bot"?

4 comments:

James Bow said...

Hi, there! Thank you for the link to my web page; I do appreciate it.

If you don't mind my asking, what made you decide to plant me on the right? I myself consider myself to be more in the centre (something I've blogged about). And, in the 2004 election, I voted NDP. The Ontario election before that, I voted Green, and was happy that my MPP, Conservative Elizabeth Witmer, won my riding.

I'm tickled by the placing. I think I take a perverse pleasure in keeping my political cards close to my chest, keeping others guessing who I am.

All the best to you!

Looney Canuck said...

And you too Mr. Bow. As for why I put you on the right, I'm not too sure. My guess is that I was on a right-wing blog that linked exclusively to other right-wing blogs, and I saw you on there.

Like you said, it was not easy to tell which side of the aisle you are on. You are more like me, and I wish there were more of us. Centrists are not easy to find, although in my case, I don't try to hide it.

Anyway, I have made the correct placement on my sidebar.

Timmy the G said...

Hi LC. I'm a Dartmouth boy myself. Grew up in Shannon Park and Wallis Heights back when they were PMQs.

Nice to hear from another Dartmouthian. I quite enjoy your blog.

Looney Canuck said...

Thank you Timmy the G. I read over your blog and can say the same thing about yours.

As for Dartmouth, I did not grow up in the Shannon-Wallis area, but I used to do volunteer work at the Dartmouth North Community Centre and from what I can tell you, most of Dartmouth north of the McDondald Bridge is a rotten place to be. I wouldn't feel safe there in broad daylight, it's that out of control.

However, it's not just the North End of Dartmouth though, even downtown Halifax is not safe anymore. I don't know if it's growing pains, but it just doesn't feel as safe to be outside at night anymore.

Blog Archive